Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy for You

When I saw that the latest Lawnscaping challenge was a color challenge featuring one of my all-time favorite color combinations--turquoise, red, and kraft--I knew I'd have to play along.  I made this cheery card using the challenge colors and the current Mojo Monday sketch.

I combined different sentiments--and pieces of sentiments--from the Sophie's Sentiments set to get the "happy for you" stamped in red ink on the sentiment panel.  The trio of accents at the corner of the panel includes a fluffy white die cut felt cloud, along with a paper pieced kite and a little red bird from the Sunny Skies set. A few dimensional dots helped me to arrange everything.

I used a blue plaid paper to create a sky-like backdrop for the kite and cloud.  It's edged with a red scalloped strip cut with an Edgeabilities die. A piece of red faux suede ribbon hides the seam between the patterned and scalloped panels.

I love this color scheme for holiday cards, too.  I haven't started mine yet (yes, I know it's getting late!), so maybe I'll use these colors to kickstart my design.  And speaking of holidays, if you're in the market for some holiday papers, be sure to stop by i {heart} papers.  Holiday papers will be marked down 40% today through Sunday--no discount code needed.  Happy shopping!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Lawn Fawn Sophie's Sentiments and Sunny Skies stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17), My Mind's Eye Happy Day 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders Classic edges One Edgeabilities die, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Pollika white felt, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Clouds Combo die (Clear and Simple Stamps); hemp twine (Hemptique)

4 comments:

  1. aw, Lori - you make the cutest cards :) Love the little touch of kraft that you snuck in there, and the bit of twine for the tail of the kite! Thanks for playing along with lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the polka dots contrasting with the Gingham! Thanks for playing along with us a LawnScaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! From the colors, to the images, to the layout.... CUTE CUTE! Love the gingham and polka dot patterns!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping for our Color Inspiration challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this card is darling! Love the combo of patterns and the big scallops, wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips