Saturday, December 8, 2012

Loads of Love

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I stretched the square sketch into an A2 card for this sweet design featuring the Pure Innocence Loads of Love set.

The Pure Innocence girl is colored with Copic markers, except for her apron, which I paper pieced. I used the same feminine floral pattern on the apron as I used for the two long panels that run across the cardfront. The panels are matted on pink cardstock and machine stitched to the plaid panel using a zig zag stitch. I have a love-hate relationship with the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. I love using it, but it is tricky! Sometimes the zig zags come out nice and somewhat even and other times, they’re totally wonky. I can’t seem to figure it out. Anyway, I accented the ends of each floral strip with a trio of silver brads, then added the colored image panel on top. The panel’s accented with a felt heart and a twine tied button. I used a mini tab die cut slipped underneath the right edge of the image panel for the “loads of love” sentiment.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Loads of Love stamp set, Die-namics Mini Tab Foursome and Hearts a Plenty dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sunnyside 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); Autumn Rose felt (Papertrey Ink); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); pink button, silver brads (Michaels); sewing machine

This one is for this month’s guest designer contest. I’m sure it won’t be a winner, but it makes a fun non-traditional Valentine’s Day card anyway!

I used the a la modes Talk Nerdy to Me for my focal image. The girl is colored with Copic markers and set on a pencil patterned piece of paper that’s a perfect match for the pencil in the image. I set the layered panels on a chevron patterned piece of paper with machine stitched edges for a finished look. The sentiment is added over top of the panels and accented with a die cut heart.

Materials Used:
a la modes Talk Nerdy to Me stamp set, Die-namics Hearts a Plenty die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); School Daze 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); So Happy Together 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); sewing machine; corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips