Friday, December 21, 2012

You Make My Heart Race

Here’s a fun Valentine’s Day card based on the current sketch from Retro Sketches. I love the Speed Racer references in this set from The Craft's Meow--I remember watching the cartoons as a little girl!

I used the speedometer as my focal image, stamping it in black ink on a white panel, then layering it on a black mat for a nice contrast. I added the little indicator in red ink along with a silver brad at its base. The set’s “you make my heart race, Valentine” sentiment is stamped on a red notch-ended panel that I layered over the bottom of the speedometer with foam tape.

To keep with the masculine feel, I used a pair of red chevron patterned strips for the long panels that run the length of the card. They’re matted on coordinating red cardstock and set on a white panel. I adhered the speedometer piece on top of that, then layered the panel on a black mat before setting it on a red card base.

Materials Used:
Zoom Goes My Heart stamp set (The Craft’s Meow); Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter inks (Tsukineko); Poppy Parade, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!) Seen and Heard 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips