Thursday, January 3, 2013

Birthday Boy

***If you're here for the Seasons Giving blog hop, scroll down or click HERE to see my post.***

Here’s a simple birthday card based on this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I had some die cut birthday hats left over from an earlier project, so I put one to good use here.

The orange starry hat die cut is backed with an aqua one. I added the little scalloped edging and pom pom in aqua, too. The pom pom topper is accented with a silver brad for a little sparkle—but still boyish. I used foam tape to attach the hat to a round white panel, then stamped the “birthday boy” sentiment from the Lil’ Inker Designs Sentiment Flag Additions set beneath it.

 I’m trying to use up some of my older patterned paper pads to make room for newer stuff, so I pulled out a My Mind’s Eye paper pad with a bunch of scraps and pieced together the panels for the card. I used an aqua paper with a subtle pattern to cover most of the card base, then used a number patterned paper for the smaller panel. It’s perfect for a birthday card! I wrapped the card with some orange twill and secured it with a knot, then adhered it to an aqua card base.

Materials Used: 
Sentiment Flag Additions stamp set, party hat dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); aqua cardstock (Bazzill); Fine and Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); orange twill (Michaels); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips