Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friendship Warms the Heart

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. It’s been super cold around here over the past week, so I went for something warm and cozy feeling for my card.

I used the a la modes Hot Cocoa set for my focal image. She's colored up with Copic markers.  I left enough room on the panel to stamp the "friendship warms the heart" sentiment along the right side. 

The colored image is layered on a kraft mat, then set on a piece of patterned paper with a knit-style pattern, keeping with my warm and cozy theme. I ran a strip of red grosgrain ribbon along the right edge of the image panel and wrapped it with some kraft baker's twine, secured with a bow at the top.  I added a single die cut felt heart at the bottom left corner of the panel for a little texture while still keeping the card easy to mail.

Materials Used:
a la modes Hot Cocoa stamp set, Die-namics Hearts A-plenty dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Winter Wonderland 6x6 paper pad (Studio Calico); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); kraft felt (Papertrey Ink); kraft baker's twine (Timeless Twine)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips