Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love You, Ladybug

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I inked up one of the super sweet Pure Innocence sets for this one.

I used the Pure Innocence Ladybug for my focal image. I colored the little girl image with Copic markers, adding a little sparkle to her wings with a glitter pen. The cutout image is set on an oval panel using foam tape.

For the background, I wanted to keep the dotted motif from the ladybug costume going, so I used the debossed side of a red dotted panel to cover most of the cardfront. The panel is stitched around the edges for contrast. Please ignore my wonky stitching—the thread on my sewing machine is nearing the end of the spool and it seems to be having some tension issues that made my machine stick a little . . . I adhered a piece of black and white dotted patterned paper, also machine stitched around the edges, over the red panel and added a pair of red ribbon strips at an angle across the panels. The ribbon adds a bit of texture to the design. I added the image panel on top, matted on a black oval. The set’s “love you, ladybug” sentiment is adhered to the left side of the image panel on a little notch-ended strip.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Ladybug stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Soup Staples 2-Black Salt designer paper (Jillibean Soup); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips