Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Love You

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping.  I really like the sketch, but I'm not so thrilled with how my version came out.

I used one of the hearts from the Waltzingmouse Stamps My Heart set as my focal image.  I'd originally planned to use the set's heart and arrow image, but when I tried it out, it ended up being too big, so I changed things up.  The woodgrain patterned image is stamped in gray ink and layered on a gray mat.

I set the heart over a cream panel with a plaid patterned paper block along the bottom.  A strip of red decorative tape runs across the top of the patterned piece.  I think I'd be happier with the card if I'd used a gray or silvery tape instead for more contrast.  Once the tape was in place, I adhered the heart using foam tape.  I stamped the set's "love you" sentiment on a red notch-ended panel, slipping one edge underneath the raised heart image.

Materials Used: 
My Heart stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento London Fog ink (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); red decorative tape (Target); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips