Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Simple Thank You

Here’s my card for January’s last Viva la Verve sketch. This week’s sketch was a clean and simple one layer design with lots of possibilities.

My card ended up being more than one layer, but I kept it pretty clean and simple with a monochromatic color scheme and minimal embellishments. For the focal image, I used part of the round frame image from Verve’s Thankful Accents set. I covered half of the image with a sticky note when inking the stamp to get just the parts I wanted inky. Once it was stamped, I fit the set’s “thank you” sentiment inside the half-circle opening. I wrapped a piece of green ribbon around the top of the panel and secured it with a bow, then adhered the stamped panel to an avocado green card base. Easy to reproduce and easy to mail, too!

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents (Verve Stamps); Jelly Bean Green ink (My Favorite Things); Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips