Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You Bring Me Sunshine

Here’s my card for the current clean and simple sketch challenge at The Paper Players. I interpreted the sketch’s block panel as a Polaroid style frame on my summery feeling card.

The image is made using several stamps from the Waltzingmouse Stamps My Island set, layered over each other. I started with the sun ray image, stamped in orange ink, then added the large distressed block image over that in yellow ink. The smaller distressed block image is stamped at the bottom ink kraft ink. Once that was in place, I stamped the silhouette palm tree image in the same kraft shade. Since the stamped images didn’t completely fill in the panel, I went back with some coordinating distress inks to blend the colors out to the edges of the panel before setting it on a white frame.

The panel is adhered to a piece of blue patterned paper with a diagonal grid pattern. I used some orange decorative tape at the top of the image to make it look like I’d taped it on to the panel. The “you bring me sunshine” sentiment is stamped just underneath the image in black ink.

Materials Used:
My Island stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Tangelo, Dandelion, and Toffee Crunch inks, Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); Mustard Seed and Tea Dye distress inks (Ranger); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Playground designer paper (Echo Park); orange decorative tape (Target)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layering of your stamps and I love the Polaroid look! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, your card focal point is a perfect reflection of that wonderful sentiment. the yellow, blue and white combo is crisp, clean, summery and fabulous! This card is a fabulous use of the sketch and I am so glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the technique you used here, Lori. Such a subtle but beautiful image, and it really stands out against the contrasting blue background paper. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips