Sunday, January 27, 2013

You're Grrr-eat!

It's been a while since I played along with SCS's featured stamper challenge, so I put this sweet Valentine's Day card together this afternoon while watching a hockey game on TV (can the Caps win one already??).  It's based on this cheery card featuring a lion seen here.

I kept the layout the same and used a lion image as well in my version.  My lion comes from the WPlus9 Bitty Buddy Valentines stamp set.  I stamped the image in orange ink on a matching die cut piece, then used a dimensional dot to adhere it to a white panel with a little patterned paper free-hand cut stand.  The set's "you're grrr-eat!" sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the panel in the same orange ink.

I matted the image on coordinating cardstock panels, then adhered it to a yellow honeycomb patterned paper panel.  Instead of making a banner for the upper left corner of the card from cardstock pieces, I used a combination of decorative tape and stamped banners made with the WPlus9 Banner Love set.  It's hard to see since my banner covers most of it, but the banner is strung together with some twine from Hemptique.  This twine might just have been one of my favorite finds at winter CHA.  Kate has it in stock at i {heart} papers in several colors (see them here)and I'm pretty sure I'll be adding some of them to my collection soon!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  WPlus9 Bitty Buddy Valentines and Banner Love stamp sets and Bitty Buddy Valentine dies, Tsukineko Memento Tangelo ink, My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing-Honey 6x6 paper pad, Hemptique natural hemp twine cord, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); orange striped decorative tape (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips