Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Always on my Mind

Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve sketch challenge. I used the sketch to make a simple missing you card that’s already been sent off in a package of cards for Operation Write Home.

I decided to represent the two elements hanging down from the ribbon strip with a pair of hanging stars, using the star image from Verve’s Always on my Mind set. I stamped the star image twice, staggering the placement to add interest, then paper pieced the stars with scraps of sparkly silver cardstock. The sentiment is stamped at the opposite side of the panel in black ink. I adhered the stamped panel to another patterned paper panel, then added a strip of ribbon at the top and a narrow strip of silver cardstock at the bottom to set it off. The finished panel is set on a coordinating light blue card base.

Materials Used:
Always on my Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver paper (Michaels); Nostalgia 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); blue twill (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips