Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hugs and Kisses

I needed to make a few more quick Valentine's Day cards, so when I saw the sketches posted for today's Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge, I pulled out some PTI goodies and put a few cards together based on one of the sketches.  I put a trio of these together in no time at all.

I picked a soft pink card base, then added a trio of contrasting red squares across the top.  Each square is topped with a piece of dotted paper from the Simple Valentine paper pad.  The "hugs and kisses" sentiment from the Simple Valentine set is stamped just underneath the row of squares in red ink.  For the embellishment at the upper left corner of the left square, I die cut a heart from cream felt using a die from the Heart Prints die set.  Instead of adding a button to dress up the heart, I tied a bow in a piece of baker's twine and adhered it to the heart with a tiny glue dot.  This keeps the card easy to mail while adding a little something extra.

Materials Used:
Simple Valentine stamp set, Sweet Blush cardstock, Simple Valentine paper pad, Heart Prints dies, Vintage Cream felt (Papertrey Ink); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweetheart baker's twine (Divine Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips