Friday, February 1, 2013

Mr. and Mrs.

This week’s blogger challenge is to make your own background. I used the Medallions 2 set from Clear and Simple Stamps and a simple technique to make a pretty background panel for my card.

I started by randomly stamping one of the large medallion images on a piece of I Steel Got It cardstock in matching ink. After filling the panel with the medallion images, I went back and stamped the image again, slightly offset, but this time in CSS’s A Blanc Check ink. The double stamping in the two colors of ink gives an embossed, 3-dimensional like look that’s very pretty in person but not so easy to capture in a photo!

Once I’d finished stamping the panel, I didn’t want to cover much of it up. I added a little piece of paper doily to the right side of the panel, then added a black Favor Flags die cut stamped with the “Mr. and Mrs.” sentiment from the All Occasions 1 stamp set. The sentiment strip is accented with a black button tied with some of CSS’s silver cord. I layered the finished panel on a piece of White Pearl cardstock. The paper’s shimmer is a nice complement to the design.

Materials Used:
Medallions 2 and All Occasions 1 stamp sets, I Steel Got it and A Blanc Check inks, I Steel Got It, Perfect Little Black Dress, and White Pearl cardstock , Favor Flags die, silver cord (Clear and Simple Stamps); black button (Michaels); paper doily

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips