Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Color Throwdown 232-I Quite Like You


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! Joan is our hostess this week and she’s found this pretty, soothing color combination for us to work with—Pool Party, Barely Banana, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, and White. I used the colors along with the current Deconstructed Sketch to make this clean and simple design.

This card came together in no time at all once I’d found some patterned papers matching the challenge colors in my collection. I went with a subtle dotted pattern for the largest panel, then a busier arrow pattern for the largest fishtail flag panel. The two smaller fishtail flag strips are cut from solid cardstock. I made sure to cut the smaller one from the lightest color (Barely Banana) so I could stamp the sentiment on it. The sentiment is from WPlus9’s Quite Like You set. I used MementoToffee Crunch ink, my current favorite kraft-colored ink. The sentiment is anchored with a white button tied with some natural twine. I added a trio of faux metal stud embellishments I’ve had in my stash forever along the bottom to complete the design.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD232. Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team and March’s guest designer, Kim Howard—we’re so excited to have her joining us this month.

** Barbara ** Broni ** Denise ** Joan **
** Kerri ** Lynn ** Tammy ** Wanda ** 
**March guestie Kim Howard**

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersWPlus 9 Quite Like You stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Toffee Crunch ink, Hemptique natural hemp cord

other:  So Happy Together 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Nostalgia 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Fishtail Flag Layers Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); white button, faux metal stud embellishments (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. You have used the colors beautifully, Lori....you found the perfect papers and what a great sketch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous job with the colors and I love this layout. The sentiment as your focal point is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of papers! Love the varied sizes of banners on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips