Sunday, March 10, 2013

Say What Birthday

It's been a while since I've played along in SCS's featured stamper challenge.  After I finished cleaning off my stamping table, I rewarded myself for the effort (and it was considerable effort!) with making a quick birthday card based on this rainbow striped one seen here.

I replaced the rainbow striped patterned paper strips from the original version of the design with pastel shades of washi tape.  Since I only had three coordinating dotted shades of tapes, I used just three strips instead of five.  Since it's an odd number, it seemed to work. 

I stamped the "it's your birthday" and "let's celebrate" sentiments from the Mama Elephant Say What set at the bottom of the white panel, stacked on top of each other.  After wrapping the top of the panel with some white satin ribbon, I used foam tape to adhere the panel to a white card base.  Quick and easy to create--and easy to mail, too!

Materials Used:
Say What stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target); washi tapes; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips