Friday, March 22, 2013

Sew Cute

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I paired the sweet little Pure Innocence Cute as a Button cutie with some busy button patterned paper for this design.

The little girlie is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then adhered to a white panel stamped with the set’s “sew cute” sentiment using foam tape. I picked the colors I used on the image to coordinate with the multicolored button patterned paper I dug out from my patterned paper stash. The dotted pattern I used for the small strip underneath the image panel is from the same paper pad.  It was a small piece, so I creatively pieced it together and arranged it so it looks like a longer, continuous strip.

My original plan was to make my own oversized faux button as an embellishment, but my attempts weren't working out like I'd planned.  So, I switched to Plan B and used a regular button, dressed up with a fancy twine bow.  I didn't realize until I went to edit the photo that the twine was covering part of the sentiment . . .

Materials Used: 
Pure Innocence Cute as a Button stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); pink twine (Hemptique); pink button; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips