Sunday, March 24, 2013

Show me the Magic

Sneaky Peeks of the upcoming release from The Cat’s Pajamas continue today with a look at the new Show me the Magic set. I'm so glad to see PJ Bear make an appearance in this release!

For this card, I colored the bear and honey pot image with Copic markers and cut him out, then set him aside to assemble the rest of the card. I machine stitched around the edges of a red dotted panel to make a bold backdrop for the bear. After adhering that to a golden yellow card base, I attached a coordinating red cardstock strip along the bottom of the panel. I stamped the set’s “show me the magic” sentiment on the red strip in black ink.

Once the sentiment was stamped, I set the bear image in place with foam tape. I positioned a piece of clear crystal flourish on the panel so that it looks like it’s extending from the pot of honey. The sparkle from the flourish is perfect with the card’s magic theme.

Don’t forget to stop by the TCP forum on SCS for more peeks at the new sets and dies to chat with The Cat Pack and other TCP fans on our “In it to Win it” thread. One lucky commenter will be chosen each day to win one of the new releases. Here are the other Cat Pack members sharing peeks today:
Kimberly
Julie
Wendy
Tracy

Materials Used:
Show me the Magic stamp set, Neenah white cardstock (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); With Love 6x6 paper pad, clear crystal flourish (Michaels); golden yellow ruffle edge trim (Maya Road); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable Lori! I love your coloring and color combo. So simple and sweet!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - your new bear is a real cutie, fabulous bling too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips