Friday, March 29, 2013

Sparkle and Shine

This week's blogger challenge theme is "make it sparkle." My project's not seasonal, but it certainly has lots of sparkle.

The card was created for a recent publication call for holiday cards.  It didn't make the cut, but I really liked how it turned out, so I thought I'd share it for the challenge.

I stamped the sentiment from the Winter Greetings set from Lil' Inker Designs in silver ink on a red panel, then adhered pieces of a crystal flourish to the left of the sentiment.  A snowflake, die cut from shiny silver paper, is set at the center of the flourishes using foam tape.  I placed one more crystal at the center of the snowflake for even more sparkle.  The panel is set on a silver card base.  The card is so shimmery IRL--my photography doesn't do a good job of capturing it.  It's a clean and simple design that's really easy to reproduce, which is always a good thing around the holidays!

Materials Used:
Winter Greetings stamp set, snowflake die (Lil' Inker Designs); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock(Stampin' Up!); Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); clear crystal (Michaels); crystal flourish (Want2Scrap); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori- what a darling holiday card! I love the sparkle with the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS holiday card! Love how you added the flourish to the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips