Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Starry Sketches

It's almost the end of the month, so I got my last two cards for March's Viva la Verve sketches finished up.  Both cards feature stars as the focal images alongside Verve's great sentiments.

Here’s my card for week 3’s sketch and inspiration piece. I went for a simple, masculine look on this one, using the colors and patterns in the inspiration piece as a starting point.

I started off with a piece of patterned designer paper that isn’t identical to the pattern in the inspiration photo, but has both green and a diamond-like shape in it like in the photo. I adhered the patterned paper to a green card base, then added a layered circle to the right side of the card. I stamped the “super dad” sentiment from the Super Dad set in brown ink on a light blue strip and adhered that to the circle panel. I topped it off with a star punched from kraft cardstock and inked up with some distress inks.

Materials Used:
Super Dad stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla cardstock, star punch (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); 4 Parts Hero-Macho Nacho Soup designer paper (Jillibean Soup); foam tape 

This one is for week 4's sketch.  I mixed and matched some older designer papers in shades of blue on this one.

I used a thatched grid style paper for the background panel here, then added a dotted strip across the panel., set off from the background with some kraft cardstock.    The "shine brightly little star" sentiment from the Shining Star set is stamped on a cream panel in a light blue ink and layered over the cardfront.   

Once I had the sentiment in place, I used foam tape to attach a silver star at the top and a blue decorative tab underneath the right edgeI'd planned to leave it at that, but the card looked like it was missing something.  That was where the baker's twine came in.  I wrapped it around the dotted panel and secured it with a bow to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Shining Star stamp set (Verve Stamps);  Very Vanilla cardstock, star punch (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); silver paper (Michaels); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Color Box);  designer paper (My Mind's Eye); mini tab die (My Favorite Things); Caribbean baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips