Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Birthday Fusion

I’m joining in on the new Fusion challenge with this cheery birthday card. I used both Jackie’s sketch and elements from Lesley’s inspiration photo to create this design.

I started off with a trio of die cut chevron strips in colors matching the flowers seen on the cake photo. I used strips of varying widths to add a little interest to the design.  I arranged them on a white card base, then added coordinating die cut balloons as accents. The balloons are cut with the balloon dies from Lil’ Inker Designs—the perforated outline helps them to stand out just a bit. I added strings to them, too, made from some twine I twisted around my paper piercing tool.

The birthday sentiment is from the Say What set from Mama Elephant. I stamped it in pink ink just beneath the bottom chevron strip.

Materials Used:
Say What stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Rose Bud ink (Tsukineko); Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Wild Dandelion cardstock (Gina K Designs); balloon dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); chevron dies (My Favorite Things); white twine (Hemptique); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours and balloons Lori. Thank you so much for joining us for the first Fusion Hypothesis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, bright, and cheerful birthday card. Fantastic job incorporating both sides of the challenge! I love those little balloons. Thank you so much for joining us for our first Fusion challenge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Lori, such a gorgeous HAPPY card!
    So glad you joined in the fun at the first FUSION Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this Lori! Pinned to CASE later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a fun and happy card! Thanks for joining us for the Fusion fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips