Sunday, April 14, 2013

Party Animal

Here's a masculine birthday card for this week's Seize the Birthday sketch.  I think this one would be perfect for a little boy!

I used the monkey from Papertrey Ink's Tremendous Treats:  Birthday stamp set as the focal image.  I die cut the monkey shape from white cardstock and stamped the matching image on the die cut piece, then used Copic markers to color it in.  To give the monkey something to hang from, I stamped one of the leafy branch images from the Turning a New Leaf set in pale green ink on the round panel. Usually when I used this set, it's for more "serious" cards, so it was nice to see it worked in to a more whimsical design!  Once the monkey was set in place using foam tape, I stamped the "party animal" sentiment in the open space on the panel in black ink.

For the rest of the card, I kept with a green and brown color scheme to match the image.  I used an older piece of designer paper with both colors to cover most of the kraft card base.  I die cut a notch-ended strip to run down the front of the panel, then adhered a coordinating green solid strip, edged with brown, across the center of the card before adding the image panel on top.

Materials Used:
Tremendous Treats: Birthday and Turning a New Leaf stamp sets, New Leaf cardstock, Tremendous Treats: Birthday die (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Roughin' it in the Woods designer paper (BoBunny); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. lol that monkey is too fun and cute :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips