Friday, April 12, 2013

You're Brilliant

I am still loving the look of a gray and yellow color combination.  I put this cheery card together using the colors and a sketch from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.

I used one of the light images from the Technique Tuesday Bright Idea stamp set for the image panel.   The bulb is colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  I put a piece of yellow chevron patterned paper at the bottom of the image panel, then matted it with black cardstock before adhering it to a gray card base.

I stamped the set's "you're brilliant" sentiment in black ink on a narrow yellow strip.  After cutting a notch into the left end of the strip, I attached it to the cardfront at the top of the patterned paper.  The colors are just perfect for a card with an encouraging message!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Technique Tuesday Bright Idea stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (CT1, CT2, CT3,  LY1), Pebbles Basics Cardmaking 1 paper pad 


other:  Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Wild Dandelion cardstock (Gina K Designs)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips