Wednesday, May 15, 2013

For Mom and More

Here are my cards for this month's first two Viva la Verve sketches.  This first one went to my mom for Mother's Day.  The sentiment isn't Mother's Day-specific, but I think it still works!

I used two different patterns from a Simple Stories paper pad for the two panels on the cardfront.  Each patterned piece is matted on a red panel to get a nice contrast against the kraft color.  To add a feminine detail, I edged the gingham patterned piece with a strip of cream trim.

The sentiment from Verve's  Words of Wisdom set is stamped on a round white panel in Versafine Satin Red ink.  I know I say this a lot, but it's true--Versafine's my favorite ink for sentiments since it gives such a nice, solid image.  I matted the panel on the same red cardstock as I used for the patterned pieces, then added it to the card along with a red felt heart.  There are quite a few layers here, but it still feels like a pretty clean design.

Materials Used:
Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); Versafine Satin Red ink (Tsukineko); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); red felt (Michaels); cream trim (Hobby Lobby)

And, here’s my card for this month’s second sketch. I went pretty feminine on this one, taking a cue from the inspiration photo for both the floral pattern and the color scheme.

I used two different patterned papers from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad for the panel on the front of the card. The seam between the patterns is hidden by some pretty rosy pink seam binding and a pale pink scallop edged strip. The “thanks ever so much” sentiment from the Treasured Words set is stamped on a berry colored cardstock panel and adhered to the center of a white paper doily. I trimmed off the top of the doily before tucking it on the cardfront underneath the scallop edged strip.

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Berry Sorbet cardstock, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); pink seam binding (Martha Stewart); paper doily (Wilton)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips