Thursday, May 9, 2013

May Cloud9 Blog Hop

Here's my take on the inspiration photo for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop.  I used the colors in the pretty cake as a starting point and also incorporated flowers and a scalloped edge in my design, too.

I stamped the"sweet birthday wishes" sentiment from the Fresh Picked stamp set in red ink on a pink Timeless Tags 2 die cut piece and attached the tag to a light blue card base.  After a little debate with myself, I decided to leave the hole in the tag empty. I may go back and add a piece of knotted ribbon to it--clearly, the debate's not over yet!  

I adhered a piece of a paper doily at the right edge of the tag, then covered the seam between the two pieces with a strip of red faux suede ribbon.  The large flower from the Blanket Stitched Bloom set accents the ribbon strip.  I felt like the card still needed a little something, so I added a pretty clear crystal flourish extending out from the top of the flower.  Love how all the sparkle looks!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  WPlus9 Blanket Stitched Blooms and Fresh Picked stamp sets, Blanket Stitched Blooms and Timeless Tags 2 dies, Tsukineko Memento Pear Tart, Angel Pink, Love Letter, and Gray Flannel inks, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative crystal flourish, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Pink Pirouette, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); paper doily (Wilton)

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, what a pretty card! The colors are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty with just the right amount of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, and great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! Love the doily and all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-219.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Love that half doily and flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I love the layout of your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bling and doily!! Tag and layout are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Lori! I love the way you added the sentiment to the tag! Thanks for joining us at Cloud9!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips