Sunday, May 5, 2013

Salud!

It's Cinco de Mayo today, so I thought I'd put together a quick card this afternoon in honor of the event.  I "celebrated" earlier today with lunch from Chipotle--one of my favorites!  My card's for today's SCS featured stamper challenge and loosely based on this scrappy-style design seen here.

I started off with creating a panel as the base for my pieces.  It's made from a piece of green patterned paper with a pattern that reminds me somewhat of the look of the traditional papel picado decorations commonly seen during Cinco de Mayo celebration and a solid red cardstock strip.  I covered the seam between the two papers with a strip of green dotted washi tape.  The panel is attached to a white card base with pieces of foam tape.

I used the sombrero from the Salud set from The Cat's Pajamas as my focal image.  I colored the hat with Copic markers and cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to the panel.  The set's "salud!" sentiment is stamped on a kraft strip and adhered to the panel underneath the hat with just a little bit of the strip extending off the edge of the panel.  I scattered a trio of sequins around the hat and sentiment, then added a wood veneer arrow at the top, pointing down to the rest of the decorative elements.

Materials Used:
Salud stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Neenah); Electric Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); Bright Side 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); wood veneer arrow (Freckled Fawn); green dotted decorative tape, sequins  (Michaels); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips