Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shoot for the Stars

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I made a scrappy style design using the new Right on Target stamp set.

My color scheme came from the chevron patterned paper I used for the card’s large panel. I matted it on a contrasting gray panel before setting it on a light blue card base over a delicate paper doily and a golden yellow fishtail flag strip.

 For the slanted panel that runs across the card, I paired the set’s “shoot for the stars” sentiment with one of the arrow images. The arrow is stamped repeatedly in Sno Cone ink at the bottom of the strip. After edging the stamped panel with gray strips, I adhered it to the card and added a shimmery gold star using foam tape to set it off from the rest of the design. The clear crystal flourish extending out from the star was a last minute addition. I like the little bit of sparkle it adds to the design.

Materials Used:
Right on Target stamp set, Sno Cone ink, Steel Grey cardstock, Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die (My Favorite Things); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); So Saffron and Whisper White cardstock, large star punch (Stampin’ Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Park Bench 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); paper doily (Wilton); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips