Sunday, June 9, 2013

Merci

Here’s a simple, feminine thank you note for this week’s sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch. Once I decided on using the Eiffel Tower die for the image element, this card came together in no time at all.

I die cut the tower from silver paper for a metal-like look. It’s adhered over a pink panel with a strip of gray cardstock at the bottom. I ran a strip of pink dotted washi tape along the seam between the pink and gray pieces to add a little pattern to the design.

The “merci” sentiment from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Paris Nouveau set is stamped on a white notch-ended strip that extends out from underneath the tower.  For a little elegant sparkle, I added a clear crystal flourish next to the tower.

Materials Used:
Paris Nouveau stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Pink Lemonade ink, Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Eiffel Tower die (My Favorite Things); Pixie cardstock (Avery Elle); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); pink washi tape (Freckled Fawn); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I love the soft colors and simple flourish!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips