Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Anchor

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went nautical on this one, using the a la mode You Anchor Me set along with papers from a beach themed paper pad.

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out using a combination of scissors and a craft knife.  The cutout image was adhered to the white panel with foam tape.  I colored a little patch of gray near the feet to ground the image.

I used two patterned papers from a Fancy Pants paper pad for the panels on the cardstock.  The red and navy colors were perfect for the nautical themed design.  The patterns are broken up a bit with a solid red panel placed underneath the image panel.  The set's "you are my anchor" sentiment is stamped on a white strip that's adhered at the bottom edge of the image panel.

Materials Used:
a la modes You Anchor Me stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock, ticket corner punch (Stampin' Up!); Down by the Shore 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips