Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sunshine

Chloe the cutie puppy and I are off on a beachy vacation today, so I’m hoping that there’s lots of sunshine in store for us over the next few days (or at least while we’re making our way across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge . . .). It’s not a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge week, but there’s some big SSSC news to share today. We’re adding a pair of super talented new members to the team starting with next week’s sketch. Hop on over to Karen’s blog to check out who the newest team members are and to give them a warm welcome.

In the meantime, I have another card using the current SSSC to share with you. I went scrappy on this version, using dies from Lil’ Inker Designs for the image panel. I made a simple three band rainbow using the rainbow die and attached it to a circle die cut with the new stitched circle dies (love Lil’ Inker’s signature perforation lines!). The rainbow’s finished off at the bottom with a fluffy white felt cloud—not cut with Lil’ Inker’s cloud die because mine has gone missing. I looked for it for two weeks before finally giving in and placing an order for a replacement. I’m guessing that means I’ll find my missing die any day now . . .

The rainbow panel is layered over a yellow chevron panel that I attached to a light blue dotted panel. The red ribbon along the right side of the panels brings in a nice, bold pop of color. I stamped the “hope your day is all sunshine and rainbows” sentiment on a scrap of blue cardstock and tucked it underneath the top of the yellow patterned paper panel. The panels are arranged on a cheery yellow card base—I went back and forth between the yellow and turquoise and white before finally settling on the yellow.

Materials Used:
Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments stamp set, Rainbow and Cloud and Stitched Mats:  Circles dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Clouds die (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Shoppe 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); Small Dots-Light Blue designer paper (Frances Meyer); circle die (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white felt

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet happy card, lovin your rainbow!
    Oh I googled your bridge, it looks amazing ... hope you get some nice clear weather for your crossing :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips