Monday, July 8, 2013

Hi, Hunny Bunny

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  It's the first card I made when I got home from my beach vacation, so it's a pretty simple one since I was feeling a little rusty!

I used the Doodle Garden Hunny Bunny set for my focal image.  I just can't resist a cute bunny themed stamp!  She's colored with Copic markers.  I made some grass for her to sit on by randomly dotting a few different green markers in the space underneath the image.  Not sure it works . . .  The set's "hi, hunny bunny" sentiment is stamped along the side of the image.

I used my paper trimmer to cut a pale pink cardstock frame for the image.  To get faux mitered corners, I used my Paper Snips to cut the frame diagonally at the corners, then reassembled it around the image panel.  Each corner is anchored with a teeny, tiny silver brad.  I adhered the framed image to a pink dotted panel, then added a die cut felt heart with a baker's twine tied button to the lower left corner of the frame. 

Materials Used:
Doodle Garden Hunny bunny stamp set, Bubblegum button (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Alphabet Soup Girl-Little Princess designer paper (My Mind's Eye); heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); silver mini brads (Michaels); pink felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips