Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hooray! It's Your Day!

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday challenge.  It has already made its way to its intended recipient for her birthday today (happy birthday, Michele!).

I used some scraps from an older paper pad and a new birthday themed stamp set to put this one together.  The scraps--all from a DCWV mat stack--are matted on orange cardstock and arranged on a light blue card base.  The sentiment from the My Favorite Things Birthday Greetings stamp set is stamped in lime green ink on a pierced circle die cut.  The piercing adds such a nice detail to the card design!  I matted the sentiment on a green circle for a nice contrast to the other orange mats.

After setting the sentiment panel in place, I added a cork star to the left side of the panel as an accent.  I surrounded the star with a trio of deep orange enamel dots for one final pop of color.

Materials Used:
Birthday Greetings stamp set, Orange Fizz and Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Vivid Wild Lime ink (Clearsnap); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Cafe Mediterranean matstack (DCWV); circle die (Spellbinders); cork star (Fancy Pants); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips