Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthday Balloon Trio

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch. I interpreted the sketch’s single tall element as a bright bouquet of balloons.

My balloons are made with stamps and dies from Lil’ Inker Designs. I used the three traditional primary colors for a fun, festive color scheme.  I stamped the blue text patterned balloon image directly on the white panel. The red and yellow ones are stamped on matching die cut pieces. After stamping the balloon string image in gray ink, I used foam tape to set the die cut balloons in place.

The “happy birthday” sentiment from the Mom and Dad Sentiments set is stamped in gray ink on a blue panel with notches at either end. I used foam tape to adhere it to the cardfront, then added a trio of different sized enamel dots for a festive touch. The finished panel is attached to a blue card base that matches the sentiment banner.

Materials Used:
Balloon Builders and Mom and Dad Sentiments stamp sets, Balloon dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Lemon Tart and Cherry Red inks (My Favorite Things); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Delightful! LOVE the CAS layout and the colors of the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great clean colors! Love them Lil' inkers!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those balloons--a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a card that pops! Love the happy colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips