Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 190-Thinking of You

It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I inked up my Fresh Cut Florals set from WPlus9 for this week’s card, which also serves as yet another SCS Dare to Get dirty challenge entry.

I stamped the flower and leaf images on matching white die cut pieces. I’m no expert on plants and flowers by any means, but I’m guessing that the flowers I stamped don’t resemble any that actually are found in nature, but I like how they look anyway! The flowers and leaves are arranged at the corner of a white panel. One is attached with a dimensional dot to add interest. I stamped two of the set’s sentiments on the panel’s open space using a kraft colored ink.

The stamped panel is adhered to a patterned paper panel on top of a pair of orange and olive die cut fishtail flag strips. I placed the finished panel on a coordinating rose card base for a final feminine touch.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Dana White
Dawn Easton

Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron

Karen Motz
Lisa Henke
Lynn Put

Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals stamp set and Fresh Cut Florals dies, Tsukineko Memento Angel Pink, Tangelo, Toffee Crunch, Nautical Blue, and Pistachio inks, Echo Park Here and Now 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Regal Rose, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things)

6 comments:

  1. so pretty, Lori. I am really liking that new floral set. seems so easy to work with and gives beautiful results everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Lori!!! I have been noticing those flowers everywhere lately! Think I need them! LOL! Thanks for enabling me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour combo you chose, and your stamped flowers are so pretty. Nature Smature!!!! Yours SHOULD be found in nature. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flower are beautiful!! Love them and the soft colors with the pop of orange. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous soft colors. I really love how you played up the pop of orange. Great use of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I REALLY need that set from WPlus9! It's so sweet! GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips