Sunday, August 11, 2013

You're a Star

Here's a fun design for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on this card seen here.  I loved the use of the notebook paper panel and the placement of the sentiment, so I incorporated both of those elements in my version.

I started off with a white panel with a strip of patterned paper along the left edge.  I machine stitched around the panel using navy thread--a change from my usual white. The navy makes my not so straight sewing even more noticeable, so I'm not sure I'll be using colored thread again any time soon . . .

My card uses a different sentiment from the same Bold Statements stamp set from My Favorite Things that was used on teh original card.  The "you're a" part is stamped in black ink on a white panel die cut along the top with a notebook border die.  The "star" part is stamped in light blue ink just underneath the die cut panel.  I attached a star shaped paper clip to the die cut panel before adhering it over the white panel with foam tape.  I arranged some sequins around the star clip for a little bit of sparkle.

Be sure to check out Inking Aloud on Facebook here.  I have a lot of exciting things to share over the next few weeks and I'd love for you to stop by . . .

Materials Used:
Bold Statements stamp set, Sno Cone ink, notebook paper border die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); My Girl 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); silver sequins, star clip (Michaels); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips