Thursday, September 19, 2013

Shine On

Here’s my take on this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches. I used stamps and dies from Lil’ Inker Designs to put this one together.

I started off by die cutting a light blue panel with the Starry Sky die. The die cut panel is backed with some shiny gold paper to fill in the negative space and create shimmering stars. I layered the panel on a piece of blue gray cardstock, then adhered it to a striped paper panel.

I used a pair of flag die cuts for the sentiment. The “shine on” sentiment from the Sun Sentiments set is stamped in gold ink on the stitched flag die. The flag was a little shorter than I needed it to be, so I die cut a second one and pieced the two together for an extended length. The gold stitched star die cut hides the seam nicely! I topped the star with a button tied up with a little baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
Sun Sentiments stamp set, Starry Sky, Stitched Stars, and Stitched Sentiment Flag dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Delicata Gold ink (Tsukineko); Steel Blue cardstock, Fishtail Flag Stax die, Steel Grey button (My Favorite Things); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); gold paper (Target); Chap-Dave designer paper (American Crafts); Caribbean baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips