Friday, September 27, 2013

Thankful for You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I switched up the sketch just a bit to make it a tall A2 card, but I think it still works!

Most of the Brick Red card base is covered with a red and kraft gingham patterned paper. It has a rustic feel that’s nice for a fall card. I added a piece of a large kraft circle die cut on the right side of the patterned paper panel, then adhered a Brick Red cardstock strip across the panel. A pair of copper brads dots each end of the strip.

I used the overall-clad girl from the Doodle Garden Happy Harvest set as my focal image. The girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used foam tape to put her in place over the kraft circle and red cardstock strip. The “thankful for you” sentiment is stamped on a scrap of kraft cardstock and adhered to the bottom of the red cardstock strip.

Materials Used:
Doodle Garden Happy Harvest stamp set, Brick Red cardstock (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fresh Goods-Rain Check designer paper (Pebbles); circle die (Spellbinders); copper brads (Michaels) foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips