Monday, October 21, 2013

Bee Sweet

I’m thrilled to be an alumni guest designer for today’s SCS clean and simple stamping challenge. This week’s theme is candy and/or costumes. I put together a sweet card featuring a costumed creature from Lawn Fawn’s Critters in Costume stamp set. I’m partial to this bear dressed as a bee mostly because this Halloween, my very own Chloe the cutie puppy will be dressed as a bee, complete with light-up wings. She's most definitely not a girly girl, so it's a challenge to find her a  costume!  I think the bee's a good choice for her and she’s going to look awesome—be sure to stop back here on November 1 (or visit Inking Aloud on Facebook on Halloween) for a look at her in all her costumed glory . . .

Bee SweetAnyway, here’s my clean and simple design. I colored the dressed up bear with Spectrum Noir markers, then used the matching die from the Critters in Costume die set to cut out the image. I used a dimensional dot to attach the bear to a white panel, then adhered the panel to a yellow card base.  To highlight the panel's angular shape, I cut a narrow strip of black cardstock to frame to white panel.  I love how the frame mimics the stripes on the costume!

The set's "bee sweet" sentiment is stamped  in black ink on a yellow fishtail flag strip and adhered just above the image.  I added a little sparkle with a scattering of silver sequins arranged around the image.

And, just a reminder that the big fifth (yes, fifth!) birthday celebration sale is now underway at i {heart} papers. IHP is my favorite place to get Lawn Fawn stamps and dies, among other great goodies. You can find all the sale items here.  Happy shopping!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Critters in Costume stamp set and Critters in Costume dies, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (CT2, CT3, GB3, TN5, TN6, TN7, EB4, BT1, BT2, IG3, IG4, IG5, IG7, IG8), silver sequins, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other:  Wild Dandelion cardstock (Gina K Designs); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips