Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Glad Tidings

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I was inspired by several of the inspiration card’s design elements, including the layout, the color scheme, and the image/theme.

Designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-Stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps
I used one of the tree images from the Teeny Trees set from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the tree on my card. To get a two-toned look for the tree and the star garland, I stamped off the solid tree image on scrap paper before inking it on a piece of shimmery white cardstock. The star garland was then stamped over the solid image, then dotted with Stickles for even more shimmer. I cut the image out and used foam tape to adhere it to a shimmery white cardstock panel over a stamped tree trunk.

Instead of adding texture with embossing or modeling paste, I added depth to the background panel with some sponging. I used an ink blending tool and blue distress ink to add a subtle blue tint to the edges of the background panel.

To ground the tree, I hand cut a snowbank shape from shimmery white cardstock, then adhered it to the image panel with foam tape. I stamped the “glad tidings” sentiment at the bottom of the panel in blue ink, then edged the curved part of the panel with some Stickles. I debating stopping with that, but in the end, decided to add a trio of different sized silver sequins in the upper right hand corner of the panel.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko); Tumbled Glass distress ink, Crystal Ice Stickles, and Crystal Stickles (Ranger); Pacific Point and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver sequins (Michaels); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. SO. PRETTY! I love the soft sponging - a lovely peaceful feeling from this card! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flow of the stars on the tree and the glow of your background. Thanks for playing in this week's MUSE card club challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the addition of the sponging

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, love the blue sky and touch of glitter on the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. I love the colours and your take on the tree. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and I like the shade of blue on the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely interpretation! I love the tree shape and the snowbank trimmed with sparkle. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips