Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Treats

I don’t have many Waltzingmouse Stamps Halloween themed stamps, but I managed to put together a seasonal treat bag for the current Waltzingmouse Fanatics Halloween themed challenge.

I used a chevron patterned paper bag as my starting point. I folded over the top of the bag, tucking half of a paper doily underneath the folded top of the bag to dress it up. I topped the folded part and the doily with an orange oval stamped with one of the frames from the Cameo Maker set and the silhouette witch image from the Hocus Pocus set. To set it off from the bag a bit, I adhered a black fishtail flag strip extending out from the bottom of the oval. A piece of black satin ribbon from my scrap pile was tied in a simple knot and attached where the oval and fishtail flag strip meet to add a little texture and dimension.

I combined a pair of sentiments from the Say It Loud: Winter Holidays set to stamp the “Halloween treats” sentiment near the bottom of the bag in black ink. A trio of silver sequins scattered around the bag give it a festive sparkle.

Materials Used:
Hocus Pocus, Cameo Maker, and Say It Loud: Winter Holidays stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Versafine Onxy Black ink (Tsukineko); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); oval die (Spellbinders); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax Layers dies (My Favorite Things); silver sequins (Michaels); chevron patterned bag (Whisker Graphics); paper doily

5 comments:

  1. Spooky sweet... I can just picture a witch handing these out on Halloween !! Lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super Halloween treat bag - I love the Witch cameo - so very elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics, hope you play along again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! Love that bitty doily peeking out and the satin bow - adds lots of drama and flair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun Halloween treat bag Lori! love the framed witch and peek of lacy doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your super elegant take on Halloween Lori - the doily and bow are perfect finishing touches.
    Thanks so much for joining us for our Halloween challenge.
    Tara
    Waltzingmouse Fanatics DT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips