Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Umbrella

Here’s my card for the last Viva la Verve sketch for October. I pulled out Verve’s Rain or Shine set (again!) for this one.

You may have to look at this one a bit to see the sketch. I decided to flip the sketch around so that the umbrella and clouds would be at the top of the image/sentiment panel instead of on the bottom. I used white felt die cut clouds to add texture, then popped the umbrella over the clouds with some foam tape. The “you can stand under my umbrella” sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the panel in teal ink. A few blue sequin “raindrops” add a little sparkle to the panel.

I matted the sentiment panel on a golden yellow circle, then layered it on a striped cardstock panel. The striped cardstock panel is adhered to a yellow on yellow dotted patterned paper panel, then adhered to a light blue card base.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko); Vivid Straw ink (Clearsnap); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Tappy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Be Loved “Sweet Hearts” designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); cloud dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); circle dies (Spellbinders); blue sequins (Treehouse Studios); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips