Sunday, November 17, 2013

Give Thanks

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I was inspired by this leaf filled design. My card uses a different layout, but still keeps the focus on the die cut leaves.  It also fits this week's challenge at The Paper Players to create a clean and simple design featuring leaves.

Give Thanks-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey Ink
I loved the look of the kraft cardstock peeking through the negative space left by the leaf die cuts, so I made sure to incorporate that into my design.  I picked a red woodgrain patterned paper for the die cut panel.  My leaves were cut with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves dies.  Because I used the negative space, you don't get to see the pretty stitched detailing on the die cut pieces, but that's okay--I set them aside to use on another project!  I matted the die cut panel with a piece of coordinating cardstock before adhering it to the kraft card base.  Once it was in place, I stamped the "give thanks" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames #7 set along the panel's edge using a coordinating red pigment ink.  For a little sparkle, I added some golden orange sequins around the leaves.

Materials Used:
Fillable Frames #7 stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Eskimo Kisses-Woodland designer paper (Basic Grey); Stitched Leaves dies (Lawn Fawn); sequins (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE those leaf shapes...and your diecut leaves will be beautiful on another project! They are the best ones around, IMO! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, the kraft peeking out of the negative space of the leaf cutouts is fabulous. I love the colors, too. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips