Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hooray! It's Your Day!

Here's a fun birthday card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I went with a cheery, gender neutral color scheme--perfect to have in my stash of birthday cards!

Hooray!  It'sYour Day birthday card-Designed by Lori Tecler-stamps from My Favorite ThingsThe sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Birthday Greetings set.  It fit perfectly inside the white die cut tag.  I topped the tag with a piece of knotted twill for some texture.  I set the tag over a green fishtail flag strip adhered to a star patterned paper panel. 

I used a balloon die to cut two different sized stitched balloons to fill in the bottom of the tag.  I adhered the blue balloon directly to the cardfront and attached the yellow one on top with some foam tape.  The balloon strings are made from yellow baker's twine.  And, no, I didn't tie the two strings together--I made the tiny bow separately and used a glue dot to attach it to the balloon strings so it looks like they're tied together.

Materials Used:
Birthday Greetings stamp set, Jelly Bean Green ink, Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Traditional Tag Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax Layers die (My Favorite Things); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Harvest Gold cardstock, Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ik); Celebrate 6x6 paper pad (Bo Bunny); stitched balloon dies (Lil' Inker Designs); yellow twine (The Twinery); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card!! Great look!! I love those lil inker balloon dies!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card - love the color combo's!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips