Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pink Poppy Birthday

Here’s my card for November’s third Viva la Verve sketch. I put away Verve’s Holiday Treats (at least for a little while!) and used the Poppy Birthday set for this card inspired by both the sketch and the colors and flowers in the inspiration photo.

I made my own patterned paper for the trio of panels on the cardfront by stamping the medium line image poppy randomly on pink paper and heat embossing the image with clear embossing powder. It has such a pretty, subtle look! The cut panels are arranged on a kraft card base and topped with a strip of red satin ribbon.

I stamped the set’s happy birthday sentiment in kraft ink on a white oval and matted it with a red panel. The panel is adhered over the pink stamped panels. I accented it with a red satin bow and a pair of red enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Poppy Birthday stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Angel Pink and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko); Bubblegum cardstock (My Favorite Things); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Spellbinders); red satin ribbon, clear embossing powder (Michaels); red enamel dots (Prima); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips