Thursday, December 19, 2013

Let's Be Merry

Here's my card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  I went with a snowman theme and used this week's Mojo Monday sketch as my starting point.

Let's Be Merry-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I used one of the snowmen from the Freezy Fellas set as my focal image.  He's stamped on shimmery white cardstock for a snow-like sparkle and colored with Copic markers.  Some white flock on his hat adds a little texture to the image, too.  I used dimensional dots to attach him to a blue patterned paper panel over a white strip (I'm thinking it's snow!).  I added the "let's be merry" sentiment from the Christmas Sampler set beneath the snowman on a red cardstock strip. 

The little red banner strung across the upper left corner of the panel brings in another pop of that cheery red color. I found that little pennant die in a set of WPlus9 dies--it was just the perfect size for the small banner!  The finished panel is adhered to a cool blue card base to coordinate with the patterned paper behind the snowman.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Freezy Fellas and Christmas Sampler stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, My Mind's Eye Kate and Co. "Oxford Lane" 6x6 paper pad, WPlus9 Milk and Cookies dies, Hemptique white twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Real Red and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); markers (Copic); white flock (Stampendous)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips