Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Sunshine

Here's my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch for December.  For last week's sketch, I used my favorite Verve set from this year, Teachers Count.  For this one, I used my next favorite, Rain or Shine.

You Are My Sunshine-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI found a piece of orange on orange striped paper in my stash that reminded me of sun rays.  I layered the paper on an orange panel with a large scalloped bottom edge.  Since the striped  pattern is kind of busy, I adhered a strip of golden yellow cardstock to the bottom of the panel.  The solid cardstock let the stamped "you are my sunshine" sentiment really stand out.  I adhered the panel to an aqua card base, then ran a strip of orange grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront, positioning it to hide the seam between the patterned and solid papers.

To go with the sentiment, I fashioned a simple sun from a pair of die cut circles--one with a pinking edge and one with a straight edge.  The straight edged one is debossed with a circle pattern to add a little interest.  I used a piece of foam tape to add it to the cardfront along with a fluffy white felt cloud. 

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold cardstock, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dots and Stripes-Homefront 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); cloud die (Lil' Inker Designs); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips