Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanks Chickie

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge.  I haven't used my Funky Feathers set from Waltzingmouse Stamps in a while, so when I saw this pretty card featuring feathers, I decided to use it as the starting point for my design.

I inked one of the feather images with several different colors of ink before stamping it on white cardstock.  It took a few tries to come up with a pair of feather images I liked!  Once that was done, I carefully cut them out and set them aside while I assembled the rest of the card.

Thanks Chickie-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps
I used pretty much the same layout as on the original design, but with a few less layers and details.  The patterned paper is from my 12x12 paper stash that I'm trying to whittle down.  I matted it on a kraft panel, then topped it with a matching aqua panel cut along the top with a notebook border punch.  A pair of die cut fishtail flag strips are adhered over the aqua panel at an angle.  The feathers are adhered over the left ends of the fishtail flag strips.  I used my Bow Easy to make a double looped bow from a scrap of linen thread and attached it to the bottom of the feathers with a tiny glue dot.  After all the elements were in place, I stamped the set's "thanks chickie" sentiment on the aqua panel in brown ink.  A trio of enamel dots around the panel adds a little dimension and shine, while keeping the card relatively flat--and easy to mail!

Materials Used:
Funky Feathers stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Teal Zeal, Pistachio, Pear Tart, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko); Sno Cone ink, Die-namics Notebook Edge and Fishtail Flag Stax Layers dies (My Favorite Things); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Hawaiian Shores and Limeade Ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" Be Striped designer paper, enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips