Sunday, December 29, 2013

You're Never Too Old

Here's a fun birthday card for the current CASology cue word, party.  Between the colorful party hat and the sentiment, I think I have the cue word pretty well covered.

You're Never Too Old to Wear a Party Hat-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I used a die cut party hat as my focal image.  Cutting the pieces of the hat from different colors of cardstock, then layering them adds a lot of interest to the hat.  It's placed on the white card base with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment from the You're Invited stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs next to the hat in red ink.

To go with the hat's polka dotted pattern, I embossed a turquoise panel with dots.  After edging the embossed panel with a narrow strip of red cardstock, I adhered it to the left edge of the cardfront.
 
Materials Used:
You're Invited stamp set, Party Hats dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Turquoise Sea cardstock (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Pretty cute creation. I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, what a festive, fun card! I adore the fun colors you combined...I'd totally wear that party hat! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, FUN and Party-riffic!

    Thanks for adding this marvelous party fun creation to the CASology Gallery this week and joining us in the fun PARTY!!!!! Hope to see you again in the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this card, it jumped out at me straight away when I was browsing the CASology entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adorable! I love the colors and that adorable party hat! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips