Thursday, January 23, 2014

How Sweet it Is

Here’s my card for this month’s Reverse Confetti color challenge. The challenge’s aqua, orange and yellow color scheme is one of my favorites. I used it to make a love themed design.

How Sweet it Is-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
I combined several of the stamps from the new Sweet Thing set to get the sentiment for my aqua banner. I stamped the words in a slightly darker aqua ink for a nice tone on tone look that works nicely with the soft color scheme. The stamped banner is adhered to a piece of yellow striped paper. I added half of a white paper doily at the top of the panel, using a strip of dotted washi tape to hold it in place.

To bring in a pop of orange, I wrapped the washi tape strip with orange baker’s twine and secured it with a bow. I also added a pair of hearts, cut with the hearts from the Love Note die set. The smaller yellow heart is layered over the larger orange one. A trio of aqua enamel dots scattered around the banner panel finishes the card.

Materials Used:
Sweet Thing stamp set and Confetti Cuts Love Note dies (Reverse Confetti); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, and Orange Zest cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die (My Favorite Things); aqua dotted washi tape (Michaels); aqua enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye); orange baker’s twine (Divine Twine); white paper doily; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love your card! Great pops of color and the doily adds a fun detail. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet - indeed!!! Love how you used the colors, and the doily is a fun detail. Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips