Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm Sweet on You

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I borrowed Marion’s layout, but made the card into a Valentine’s Day design.

I'm Sweet on You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
Instead of using a white card base, I used a pale pink one. To add interest to the bottom of the cardfront and keep the tone on tone look from Marion’s design, I embossed just the bottom section of the card with an embossing folder. The repeated XOXO pattern is perfect for a love themed design.

Once I finished embossing, I adhered a die cut Polaroid style frame on the cardfront. The “I’m sweet on you” sentiment from Reverse Confetti’s Sweet Thing set is stamped inside the frame in rose ink. I used one of the hearts from Reverse Confetti’s Love Note die set to cut a pink dotted heart to add to the frame. I tucked a pair of clear crystals underneath the heart, extending out from either side. And, for one last bit of sparkle, I added a trio of red sequins around the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Sweet Thing stamp set and Confetti Cuts Love Note die (Reverse Confetti); Vivid Tea Rose ink (Clearsnap); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock, red sequins, clear crystal flourishes (Michaels); Bundle of Joy Dots and Stripes-Girl 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); picture frame die (Lil’ Inker Designs); Hugs and Kisses embossing folder (Cuttlebug); corner rounder; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. So pretty in Pink! Love this girly take on this week's Muse. That ef is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sweet" card ;) Love the XOXO embossing and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love that embossing folder you used, I don't think I have ever seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning with the added bling! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely and understated in its elegance.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips