Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wishes and Dreams

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I used the sketch and the colors in the inspiration photo as the starting point for my card.

Wishes and Dreams-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey Ink
Since the inspiration photo featured a floral bouquet, I used a flower image on my card.  The flower is from Papertrey Ink's Daydreamer stamp set.  It's stamped in Memento Luxe inks on a round panel.  I added the sentiment next to it in gray ink.  I think it will make a nice birthday card!

To bring in the woodgrain element from the photo's background, I used a yellow woodgrain patterned paper for the panel beneath the image.  After matting them on gray cardstock, I layered the image and the woodgrain panel over a pair of golden yellow panels.  The panels are wrapped with gray baker's twine and tied with a bow.  I layered the panels on a gray cardfront to match the mats behind the image and patterned paper panels.

Materials Used:
Daydreamer stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel, Pistachio, and Dandelion inks (Tsukineko); Golden Tiara cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Fog cardstock (Avery Elle); white cardstock (Michaels); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); gray baker's twine

4 comments:

  1. This card just screams happiness...such a good interpretation of the sketch and the colors Lori. I love that image from Daydreamer...a classic floral image perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous happy card Lori! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love all the paneling you did and the twine too! So pretty

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips